Ocean Export & Inside Sales Operations
We are Embassy Freight Services (UK) Limited and our origins begin in Singapore & Europe and span over four decades.
We are a progressive company that provides innovative solutions which ensures our customers’ supply chains are competitive. Our business is to deliver on our commitments with honesty and responsibility so that we can be relied upon.
In addition to being focused on our customers, we are also invested in our people. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we therefore strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow and thrive.
If you are coming from operational background and looking for an opportunity to express and explore your care and passion for customer service communication, you have an eye for detail, you are passionate for maths and dynamic work environment and read on!
We are now looking for computer savvy Inside Sale Operation individual who will deal with all aspects of ocean freight export documentation, administration and process from start to end.
- Perform all aspects of the sales process and input & update all relevant activities utilizing on in- house system (ILS)
- Maintain close/ongoing communication with customer to ensure both external & internal customer expectations are met
- Liaising with co-loaders who are forwarders offering consolidation services (part loads collated then loaded as full container load)
- Leasing with shipping lines and checking rates online
- Contacting Warehouses for costs (including receiving, handling, loading)
- Contacting Hauliers (collection)
- Managing original transaction documentation and quotation
- Maintaining key client contacts
- Providing exceptional service to stakeholders – including dealing with internal and external queries
- Additional duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be:
- Previous commercial experience in shipping environment
- Strong analytical ability
- Positive enthusiastic approach with a can-do attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate agility and development within the role
- Ability to always maintain confidentiality
- Desire to adapt to a new and changing processes as required by the business
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail
This is a permanent role, based in our Basildon office with working hours:
Monday to Friday 9.00am-5.00pm