Information about transport China
If you want to ship your goods to and from China, you have come to the right place at Embassy Freight. With six offices in the major Chinese port cities, we are always close to your shipment. We offer the following services for all your shipments (export, import, cross trades and the preparation of customs documents):
The Chinese offices of Embassy Freight Services are located in the following cities:
For more information about these and other offices, go to www.embassyfreight.com.
Required transport documents for export and import China
- Commercial invoice: Clearance of goods requires an invoice in duplicate.
- Certificates of origin: Certificates of origin are not required unless specifically requested by the importer. A certificate of origin can be requested at the Chamber of Commerce.
- Transport documents: B/L or Air Waybill
- Packing lists: Packing lists should provide an accurate overview of the individual packages, including brand, numbers, gross and net weight and content. This must be written in Chinese or English.
- Single Administrative Document: The Single Administrative Document (SAD) is a standard form for, inter alia, declaring exports with the customs authorities. We can digitally submit the declaration on your behalf.
- Other documents
- Pro forma invoice: The pro forma invoice is required for the application of an automatic or non-automatic import licence.
- Import licence: If required, the importer applies for the import licence from the Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM).
- Confirmation Certificate: Foreign companies operating in China must submit a Confirmation Certificate for Projects for Development by the State upon clearing customs if they are eligible for an exemption or reduction of import tariffs on goods for setting up their business, in accordance with contractual agreements with the government.
PLEASE NOTE: The required documents may be subject to change. We recommend that you contact your representative prior to shipping in order to check the required documentation.
Source: National Entrepreneurs Office (RvO).
China Facts & Figures
China, officially the People’s Republic of China, is a country in East Asia, the capital of which is Beijing. China exerts control over 22 provinces, 5 autonomous regions, 4 metropolitan provinces and 2 Special Administrative Regions.
- Capital city: Beijing
- Size: 9,597,000 km²
- Major ports: Shanghai, Beijing, Dalian, Hong Kong, Shenzen, Qingdao
- Population: 1.357 billion (2013) World Bank
- Currency: Chinese renminbi
- President: Xi Jinping
- China is currently the world’s largest economy
- The European Union is China’s biggest trading partner
Mainland China holidays :
- New Year’s Day 1 January 2018
- Lunar New Year’s Holiday 15 February 2018 – 21 February 2018
- Ching Ming Festival 5 April 2018 – 7 April 2018
- Labour Day 29 April 2018 – 1 May 2018
- Dragon Boat Festival 18 June 2018
- Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival 24 September 2018
- Chinese National Holiday 1 October 2018 – 7 October 2018
More information about Oceanfreight and Airfreight
Visit our activities page on oceanfreight and contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
or take a look at our activities page on airfreight and contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.