It’s important for any company that exports cargo to remain informed about regulations regarding strategic goods. This concerns military products or Dual Use goods.
Dual Use goods are items, software and technologies that are normally intended for civil purposes, but can possibly have a military application, or may contribute to the production or distribution of weapons of mass destruction. For example, nuclear weapons, chemical gasses or biological weapons.
There are various International treaties which regulate the trade of such items. They cannot be exported or carried on without a license. Export to certain countries is actually prohibited. Local customs authorities enforce these rules.
Dual Use goods are divided into the following 10 categories:
- Nuclear goods
- Materials, Chemicals, Micro-organisms and Toxins (special materials and related apparatus)
- Material processing items
- Telecommunications and informationsecurity
- Sensors and lasers
- Navigation and Aeronautical-electronics
- Nautical vessels
- Propulsionsystems, Spacecraft and related apparatus
If you need more information don’t hesitate to contact us